Benedict Cumberbatch to be new Bond villain?
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
'Sherlock' star Benedict Cumberbatch is set be a new James Bond villain and is expected to sign up for the next instalment of the 007 franchise, which is due for release in 2014.
The 36-year-old actor will star alongside current Bond, Daniel Craig, reported Daily Express online.
"Benedict is considered perfect Bond villain material. Work on the next film will begin next year and the plan is for Benedict to be on board.
"He grew up watching Bond, so it would be a childhood ambition fulfilled. Playing a Bond villain is one of the plum roles in film history and he'd jump at the chance," a source said.
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms
- The public university is becoming insecure, narrow-minded and conservative
- Building on the Jan Dhan framework, India should move from price to income support
- Haryana panchayat poll outcome does not reflect the state’s social composition
- India’s education system is terribly out of step with the times
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis