Benedict Cumberbatch to be new Bond villain?
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR score 163/5 against MI
'Sherlock' star Benedict Cumberbatch is set be a new James Bond villain and is expected to sign up for the next instalment of the 007 franchise, which is due for release in 2014.
The 36-year-old actor will star alongside current Bond, Daniel Craig, reported Daily Express online.
"Benedict is considered perfect Bond villain material. Work on the next film will begin next year and the plan is for Benedict to be on board.
"He grew up watching Bond, so it would be a childhood ambition fulfilled. Playing a Bond villain is one of the plum roles in film history and he'd jump at the chance," a source said.
While Craig is the only star confirmed for the 24th film, it has been reported that Ralph Fiennes will also be part of it.