Benedict Cumberbatch to be new Bond villain?
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
'Sherlock' star Benedict Cumberbatch is set be a new James Bond villain and is expected to sign up for the next instalment of the 007 franchise, which is due for release in 2014.
The 36-year-old actor will star alongside current Bond, Daniel Craig, reported Daily Express online.
"Benedict is considered perfect Bond villain material. Work on the next film will begin next year and the plan is for Benedict to be on board.
"He grew up watching Bond, so it would be a childhood ambition fulfilled. Playing a Bond villain is one of the plum roles in film history and he'd jump at the chance," a source said.