Benedict Cumberbatch to be new Bond villain?
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
'Sherlock' star Benedict Cumberbatch is set be a new James Bond villain and is expected to sign up for the next instalment of the 007 franchise, which is due for release in 2014.
The 36-year-old actor will star alongside current Bond, Daniel Craig, reported Daily Express online.
"Benedict is considered perfect Bond villain material. Work on the next film will begin next year and the plan is for Benedict to be on board.
"He grew up watching Bond, so it would be a childhood ambition fulfilled. Playing a Bond villain is one of the plum roles in film history and he'd jump at the chance," a source said.
While Craig is the only star confirmed for the 24th film, it has been reported that Ralph Fiennes will also be part of it.