Bengal horror: 3-year-old found with injury marks, 'rape' suspected
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
A three-year-old girl was allegedly raped and later abandoned in a bush at Goai village in Burdwan district.
The little child, having injury marks all over her body, is believed to have been raped as reports of preliminary medical tests at Katwa hospital done last night suggest, police said.
Alerted by the child's screams, a local woman Sohagi Das spotted her lying beside a bush yesterday and rushed the girl to a hospital after attending to her wounds at Das' home.
The parents of the child could not be traced.
Police said all efforts were being made to locate the miscreants having committed the heinous crime and the administration was bearing her medical expenses.