Bengal horror: 3-year-old found with injury marks, 'rape' suspected
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
A three-year-old girl was allegedly raped and later abandoned in a bush at Goai village in Burdwan district.
The little child, having injury marks all over her body, is believed to have been raped as reports of preliminary medical tests at Katwa hospital done last night suggest, police said.
Alerted by the child's screams, a local woman Sohagi Das spotted her lying beside a bush yesterday and rushed the girl to a hospital after attending to her wounds at Das' home.
The parents of the child could not be traced.
Police said all efforts were being made to locate the miscreants having committed the heinous crime and the administration was bearing her medical expenses.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it