Bengal horror: 3-year-old found with injury marks, 'rape' suspected
- Infosys employee murder: Police release high-resolution image of suspect
- PM Modi to meet his ministers today ahead of likely cabinet reshuffle
- India test-fires new surface-to-air missile from defence base in Odisha
- TKA Nair kin part of firm being probed by Income Tax department
- Hafiz Saeed’s No. 2 refers to ‘lions’ who ambushed CRPF bus in Pampore
A three-year-old girl was allegedly raped and later abandoned in a bush at Goai village in Burdwan district.
The little child, having injury marks all over her body, is believed to have been raped as reports of preliminary medical tests at Katwa hospital done last night suggest, police said.
Alerted by the child's screams, a local woman Sohagi Das spotted her lying beside a bush yesterday and rushed the girl to a hospital after attending to her wounds at Das' home.
The parents of the child could not be traced.
Police said all efforts were being made to locate the miscreants having committed the heinous crime and the administration was bearing her medical expenses.
- PM Modi’s search for support for India’s NSG bid shows leadership, not desperation
- A separate rail budget must continue for the sake of transparency
- Why Swamy’s real target is not Rajan or Arvind Subramanian
- In football, the English miss the goalposts. In European politics, they miss the point
- Anxieties arising from the collapse of the welfare state lie behind the vote
- To attract best human capital PSUs need to be independent holding company