Beni Prasad Verma says Rahul Gandhi my choice for PM, Modi cannot rule
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
Within weeks of his elevation to the post of party vice-president, Congress MP Rahul Gandhi has been termed as the PM candidate by Union minister Beni Prasad Verma, who says there is no comparison between the Gandhi scion and Narendra Modi as the former is a "national leader". "My prime ministerial candidate is Rahul Gandhi, Congress will decide when it has to. I have been saying this openly for the past two years," Varma said here.
Amid speculation that the Gujarat CM can spearhead the BJP campaign in 2014 polls, Verma brushed aside any comparison between Rahul and Modi, saying only Rahul "has the ability to to run the country" and "people like Modi cannot run it". "Rahul has travelled the length and breadth and has his own organisation of youth and NSUI in every state. Modi is chief minister of a state. Only Rahul has the ability to run the country. People like Modi cannot run it," he said.
Congress names candidate for Bhatpar Rani bypoll
LUCKNOW: The Congress party on Friday declared Raghvendra Veer Vikram Singh as its candidate for Bhatpar Rani Assembly by-election, which has been caused by the death of Kameshwar Upadhyay, who was sports minister in the Akhilesh Yadav government. In the 2012 general elections, the Congress had fielded Vinda Kushwaha, who is now contesting on the BSP ticket. Kameshwar Upadhyay's son Ashutosh is candidate of the ruling Samajwadi Party and he filed his nomination papers on Thursday. The election will take place on February 23.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target against Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'