BenQ launches more flicker-free displays, prices start Rs 18,000
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
If you stare at the monitor for long hours at home or office, you might want to take a look at BenQ's EW series monitors – EW2440L (24-inch) and EW2740L (27-inch). The 24-inch variant costs Rs 18,000 and the 27-inch variant costs Rs 25,000.
The latest range of flicker-free monitors from BenQ eliminate eye fatigue and headaches. Another eye-friendly feature is its low blue light display. BenQ says most displays have high blue light, which causes eye strain. It is worth noting that most monitors allow users to adjust this value. The settings can be found under RGB values.
BenQ's country head Rajeev Singh said the technology has advanced only recently. "From LCD screens, we moved to LED and now we have flicker-free monitors. BenQ is pioneering this change in monitors."
But these monitors don't just stop at eye care. They come equipped with an HDMI MHL (mobile high-definition link) port that allows users to connect their Android smartphones, provided they are compatible, to these monitors. An MHL cable comes in the box and users can plug in one end on their Android phone's micro-USB port and the other to the monitor. Another cable is plugged in to a power socket for the connection. Once connected, the technology worked flawlessly.
On the target audience, Singh said, "We expect both consumers and businesses to buy these monitors. Professionals are realising that buying a branded PC doesn't always get you the best display. You are not looking at the computer or keyboard, you are staring at the screen. So it becomes very important to have a flicker-free screen."