Beopar Mandal opposes proposed power hike
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
The Chandigarh Beopar Mandal criticised the proposed hike in power tariff, the proposal for which has been sent by the Electricity Department to the Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC).
President of CBM Charanjiv Singh said that such an unjust hike in power tariff shall lead to a further hike in inflation and shall put more burden on the common man in general and traders who are already paying higher commercial tariff in particular.
Diwakar Sahoonja, Chief Patron of CBM said that the tariff had been increased just last year and hence there is no rationale to increase it further.
In a meeting of the office bearers, it was decided that a memorandum would be sent to JERC against this. The proposal has also been opposed by the Chandigarh Business Council.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18