Beopar Mandal opposes proposed power hike
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
The Chandigarh Beopar Mandal criticised the proposed hike in power tariff, the proposal for which has been sent by the Electricity Department to the Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC).
President of CBM Charanjiv Singh said that such an unjust hike in power tariff shall lead to a further hike in inflation and shall put more burden on the common man in general and traders who are already paying higher commercial tariff in particular.
Diwakar Sahoonja, Chief Patron of CBM said that the tariff had been increased just last year and hence there is no rationale to increase it further.
In a meeting of the office bearers, it was decided that a memorandum would be sent to JERC against this. The proposal has also been opposed by the Chandigarh Business Council.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment