Beopar Mandal opposes proposed power hike
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Chandigarh Beopar Mandal criticised the proposed hike in power tariff, the proposal for which has been sent by the Electricity Department to the Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC).
President of CBM Charanjiv Singh said that such an unjust hike in power tariff shall lead to a further hike in inflation and shall put more burden on the common man in general and traders who are already paying higher commercial tariff in particular.
Diwakar Sahoonja, Chief Patron of CBM said that the tariff had been increased just last year and hence there is no rationale to increase it further.
In a meeting of the office bearers, it was decided that a memorandum would be sent to JERC against this. The proposal has also been opposed by the Chandigarh Business Council.