Best cars awards: Warren Buffett's BerkshireInsurance.com in joint venture with CarDekho
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Indian automotive website CarDekho announces the first edition of its awards. CarDekho Awards 2013 presented by investment guru Warren Buffett's Indian arm BerkshireInsurance.com.
Based on an online voting concept, readers and subscribers get to choose the winners and the awards are not based on sales numbers or anyone's views – they are positioned as the voice of the Indian consumers - a direct feedback from buyers to automakers.
Split into 10 parts, these categories are defined based on car segments - Hatchbacks, Sedans, SUVs, UVs and Luxury vehicles. Under each segment there are two kinds of awards - one for the most popular in the whole year and other is the Best of 2012.
In Best of 2012 the nominees are the cars that were launched or had a major facelift in 2012. Best of 2012 category is applicable only if there are 4 or more contenders. Most popular category has 8 nominees.
Given the number of cars in hatchback segment it has been spilt into two as Hatchbacks and Premium Hatchbacks. Premium Hatchbacks for the purpose of CarDekho Awards 2013 has been defined as all hatchbacks whose base variant costs above Rs. 4 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
CarDekho People's Choice Awards, 2013 nominees under different categories are:
Most Popular Hatchback: Base model costs below Rs 4 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
The nominees are:
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Ford Figo, Hyundai EON, Chevrolet Beat, Hyundai i10, Maruti Suzuki Wagon R, Hyundai Santro, Tata Indica eV2.
Most Popular Premium Hatchback: B ase model costs above Rs 4lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
The nominees are:
Maruti Suzuki Swift, Hyundai i20, Volkswagen Polo, Toyota Etios Liva, Maruti Suzuki Ritz, Honda Brio, Nissan Micra, Tata Indica Vista.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express