BEST, MSRTC take retail route to save on fuel cost
BEST plans to lay additional cables underneath suburban railway tracks to augment the network of a 33KV receiving station at Mahalakshmi, which will strengthen the power supply network in south Mumbai.
However, before starting work, BEST will have to pay Rs 6.4 crore to Western Railway as a lease amount for utilising its space in the past and adding additional cables. "BEST has been delaying payment of lease rent since 2009. If we do not make the payment now, we will not be able to lay additional cables. We do not want a repeat of the 2011 power outage in south Mumbai," BEST general manager O P Gupta said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again