Best new year opening for Sensex in 4 years
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
January itself may set the tone for the year as the result season for the third quarter of the financial year 2012-13 will kick start with Infosys results on January 11, 2013 and then there are expectations for a rate cut from the Reserve Bank of India this month.
Marker experts say that a rate cut will raise the expectations of the pick up in the economic activity, including corporate investments. And with confidence coming back the interest rate sensitive, capex-driven and growth sectors such as power, auto and banks will make a comeback in the near to medium term.