Best of Express: Justice Ganguly, Vijay Bahuguna, food inflation and more
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
A selection of five exclusive Indian Express stories you should read today.
How long can Justice Ganguly dig his heels in? The screws are tightening on the retired Supreme Court judge with President Pranab Mukherjee forwarding West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's letter seeking action to the home ministry. Pressure on Ganguly, President sends Mamata's complaint to Centre, Maneesh Chhibber reports
Uttarakhand CM on way out as part of 'clean-up': D K Singh reports on how the Congress high command is apparently looking for a "younger and neutral" candidate to replace Vijay Bahuguna. Union Minister Harish Rawat is again in the race.
Ila Patnaik, RBI Chair Professor at the NIPFP in Delhi, blames food inflation on outdated agricultural produce marketing acts of the Sixties and Seventies. Though enacted to promote agricultural marketing, these have now created several barriers to the development of free and competitive agricultural markets; Cereal Offenders in Opinion.
Vedanta and Mahindra groups have become the first to set up electoral trust companies to make political donations. Shruti Srivastava's report India Inc forms companies to fund politics, tax free in Business.
Testing Times: During their penultimate practice session before the first Test at the Wanderers on Wednesday, Team India grapples with the pace, bounce and the idea of playing without Sachin, Laxman and Dravid. Bharat Sunderasan reports from Johannesburg; Bouncing Ideas in Sport.
- US panel wary of Modi rise
- Return pharmacists to drug stores, end queues: Govt
- Minority panel works on logo, structure to include Jains
- Festival makes performers of Assam’s politicians
- Child’s death in 1997: Delhi High Court upholds 4-yr jail for quack
- Orissa ponzi scam surpasses that of Bengal by Rs 2,140 cr