Best smartphones of 2013: iPhone 5s, Google Nexus 5 in, but no Samsung Galaxy S4
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In smartphone category, Android consolidated its position, but even then the new Apple iPhone 5S got away to another flying start and Windows Phones started developing as a viable third option for millions of people. Here is our pick of the best smartphones in 2013. And no we did not think the Samsung Galaxy S4 made the cut.
APPLE iPHONE 5S
It may not have a large screen that has become all the rage this year, but it is twice as powerful as almost all phones in the market today. The revolutionary fingerprint scanner puts it miles ahead of almost all phones. Then it also has a great app ecosystem and Apple's great after sales support to back it up. The new iOS 7 runs as smoothly as any operating system ever will and the added battery life and superb screen make it our top pick of the year.
Price: Rs 53,500+
LG GOOGLE NEXUS 5
If you want a fast, bloat-free Android smartphone, get the Nexus 5. This amazingly stylish smartphone has a slim form factor that most of its rivals will envy. But it still manages to pack in a punch with better specs than other flagship phones, that too at a very affordable price tag. It ships with the latest Android OS 4.4 KitKat which will take some time to reach other smartphones. Don't buy this phone if you are looking for gimmicks.
Price: Rs 29,990+
NOKIA LUMIA 1020
The mythical Lumia phone with Nokia's revolutionary PureView camera technology finally became a reality in 2013. And the wait was truly worth it. Lumia 1020's 41-MP camera can capture stunning, DSLR-grade pictures and videos. The Windows Phone app ecosystem has improved quite a bit and now come with apps that let you make full use of the processing power of this device.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express