Betting racket busted, four arrested
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
The crime branch of Pune police late on Thursday arrested four persons for allegedly operating a cricket betting racket from a room of a Mentions building on M G Road in Pimpri Camp. The suspects were betting for the India - Pakistan One Day International (ODI) match.
The suspects have been identified as Dinesh alias Gugu Dayamal Lohana (41) Rajesh Kishanchand Maya Ramani (38), both residents of Vaibhav Nagar in Pimprigaon, Manoj Gangaram Sugnani (42) of Shantivan Society in Pimpri and Haresh Fattumal Nasha (20), a resident of Pimpri.
Acting on a tip-off to senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge, the crime branch team raided the room in Mentions building and nabbed the suspects. Police recovered two LCD televisions, 10 mobile phones, one lap top, two set-top boxes, some cash and a register, all worth Rs 66,200. The offence was registered at Pimpri police station. Police have launched a hunt for five more persons involved in the racket.
Inspector Barge said the suspects have small businesses and were operating a racket in Pimpri area for the past one year. Police suspect more persons from Pimpri connected to the racket.
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Modi’s 3D avatar a hit in Jasdan