Betting racket busted, four arrested
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri, says communal harmony will take country forward
- Mobile internet services cut in Jammu after recovery of cows' carcasses
- Volkswagen recalls 389 units of Polo model in India
- Air Force plans for women to fight wars: will they fly in the face of conventional non-combat roles?
- After Mumbai, Ghulam Ali's concert in Pune cancelled following Shiv Sena protest
The crime branch of Pune police late on Thursday arrested four persons for allegedly operating a cricket betting racket from a room of a Mentions building on M G Road in Pimpri Camp. The suspects were betting for the India - Pakistan One Day International (ODI) match.
The suspects have been identified as Dinesh alias Gugu Dayamal Lohana (41) Rajesh Kishanchand Maya Ramani (38), both residents of Vaibhav Nagar in Pimprigaon, Manoj Gangaram Sugnani (42) of Shantivan Society in Pimpri and Haresh Fattumal Nasha (20), a resident of Pimpri.
Acting on a tip-off to senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge, the crime branch team raided the room in Mentions building and nabbed the suspects. Police recovered two LCD televisions, 10 mobile phones, one lap top, two set-top boxes, some cash and a register, all worth Rs 66,200. The offence was registered at Pimpri police station. Police have launched a hunt for five more persons involved in the racket.