Betting racket busted, four arrested
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
The crime branch of Pune police late on Thursday arrested four persons for allegedly operating a cricket betting racket from a room of a Mentions building on M G Road in Pimpri Camp. The suspects were betting for the India - Pakistan One Day International (ODI) match.
The suspects have been identified as Dinesh alias Gugu Dayamal Lohana (41) Rajesh Kishanchand Maya Ramani (38), both residents of Vaibhav Nagar in Pimprigaon, Manoj Gangaram Sugnani (42) of Shantivan Society in Pimpri and Haresh Fattumal Nasha (20), a resident of Pimpri.
Acting on a tip-off to senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge, the crime branch team raided the room in Mentions building and nabbed the suspects. Police recovered two LCD televisions, 10 mobile phones, one lap top, two set-top boxes, some cash and a register, all worth Rs 66,200. The offence was registered at Pimpri police station. Police have launched a hunt for five more persons involved in the racket.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance