Beware! 2,000 police personnel will keep an eye on you
- Modi in US: PM meets media magnates; promises protection to Intellectual Property Rights
- Mecca stampede: Saudi blames heat, Iran says own responsibility
- Sourav Ganguly appointed chief of Cricket Association of Bengal
- Muzaffarnagar riots: SP, BJP in blame game over commission's report
- Gujarat HC slams Hardik Patel, his lawyer for midnight petition
To ensure that the festival of colours is not spoiled by any miscreants, around 2,000 Chandigarh Police ersonnel will be posted on several nakas in the city.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Law and Order) Rajesh Kalia said, "There will be nakas all across the city, especially around the Panjab University, colleges and venues where Holi celebrations are being organised."
The 2,000 police personnel include eight Deputy Superintendents of Police and 37 Inspectors. Also, there will be 20 PCR (Police Control Room) vehicles which will be patrolling the city.
Keeping in mind the safety of women, the UT Police has identified 50 places where nakas will be put up to check drunken driving and overspeeding.
Particularly, the gates of the Panjab University, roads leading to various colleges, gehri route (inner roads in sectors 11, 10, 9, 8 and 7), Sector 17 and other such locations will be under police scrutiny.