Beware! 2,000 police personnel will keep an eye on you
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
To ensure that the festival of colours is not spoiled by any miscreants, around 2,000 Chandigarh Police ersonnel will be posted on several nakas in the city.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Law and Order) Rajesh Kalia said, "There will be nakas all across the city, especially around the Panjab University, colleges and venues where Holi celebrations are being organised."
The 2,000 police personnel include eight Deputy Superintendents of Police and 37 Inspectors. Also, there will be 20 PCR (Police Control Room) vehicles which will be patrolling the city.
Keeping in mind the safety of women, the UT Police has identified 50 places where nakas will be put up to check drunken driving and overspeeding.
Particularly, the gates of the Panjab University, roads leading to various colleges, gehri route (inner roads in sectors 11, 10, 9, 8 and 7), Sector 17 and other such locations will be under police scrutiny.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students