Beware! 2,000 police personnel will keep an eye on you
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi has lowered the standard of political discourse in the country, says Chavan
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP set for another big total as Maxwell punishes SRH
To ensure that the festival of colours is not spoiled by any miscreants, around 2,000 Chandigarh Police ersonnel will be posted on several nakas in the city.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Law and Order) Rajesh Kalia said, "There will be nakas all across the city, especially around the Panjab University, colleges and venues where Holi celebrations are being organised."
The 2,000 police personnel include eight Deputy Superintendents of Police and 37 Inspectors. Also, there will be 20 PCR (Police Control Room) vehicles which will be patrolling the city.
Keeping in mind the safety of women, the UT Police has identified 50 places where nakas will be put up to check drunken driving and overspeeding.
Particularly, the gates of the Panjab University, roads leading to various colleges, gehri route (inner roads in sectors 11, 10, 9, 8 and 7), Sector 17 and other such locations will be under police scrutiny.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready