Beware! 2,000 police personnel will keep an eye on you
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
To ensure that the festival of colours is not spoiled by any miscreants, around 2,000 Chandigarh Police ersonnel will be posted on several nakas in the city.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Law and Order) Rajesh Kalia said, "There will be nakas all across the city, especially around the Panjab University, colleges and venues where Holi celebrations are being organised."
The 2,000 police personnel include eight Deputy Superintendents of Police and 37 Inspectors. Also, there will be 20 PCR (Police Control Room) vehicles which will be patrolling the city.
Keeping in mind the safety of women, the UT Police has identified 50 places where nakas will be put up to check drunken driving and overspeeding.
Particularly, the gates of the Panjab University, roads leading to various colleges, gehri route (inner roads in sectors 11, 10, 9, 8 and 7), Sector 17 and other such locations will be under police scrutiny.
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past