Beyonce admits Inauguration Day national anthem lip sync
- Yakub Memon's mercy plea rejected, Sena calls it a message to terrorists
- Ready to discuss Sushma in Parliament, but not Raje, Chouhan: Arun Jaitley
- RS deadlock: Govt ready for debate, Oppn says get your ministers to resign first
- SC rejects Centre's review against scrapping quota for Jats
- Curfew in Jamshedpur after clashes over alleged eve teasing, at least 100 arrested
Beyonce has admitted that she did lip sync when she performed the national anthem on Inauguration Day, but she has vowed that she will "absolutely be singing live" during her Super Bowl halftime show on Sunday.
Before answering questions at a press conference Thursday in New Orleans, the singer asked those at the conference to stand before she belted 'The Star Spangled Banner,' and after said with a laugh: "Any questions?"
The 31-year-old singer said she's a "perfectionist" and wanted her performance for President Barack Obama to be a memorable one. She called the day "emotional."
"I practice until my feet bleed and I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra," CBS News quoted her as saying.
Due to no proper sound check, she did not feel comfortable taking a risk.
It was about the president and the inauguration, and she wanted to make him and the country proud, so she decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry, she said.
The R and B star hadn't spoken publicly since it was alleged that she lip-synched her rendition of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' at Obama's inauguration last week.
Her critically praised performance came under scrutiny less than a day later when a representative from the US Marine Band said that she wasn't singing live and the band's accompanying performance was taped.