Beyonce admits lip-syncing at Obama's Inauguration ceremony
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi breaks silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed: Hindus safe in Pakistan unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
Beyonce says she did mime her performance at President Barack Obama's inauguration last month as she did not want to take a risk at the big event.
The superstar singer said they did not have time to rehearse and the weather condition was also not favourable so she decided to go ahead with a recorded song.
Beyonce broke her silence on the controversy by live singing the American national anthem before revealing why she decided to mime the anthem.
During a press conference for her upcoming Super Bowl appearance, Beyonce said she decided to mime at the last minute because she is a 'perfectionist'.
"I practise until my feet bleed and I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra. Due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking a risk.
"It was about the president and the inauguration, and I wanted to make him and my country proud, so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I'm very proud of my performance," she said.
Her presidential performance was initially praised but it was short-lived when rumours of miming began to surface.
However, she said her much-anticipated Super Bowl performance will feature live singing.
"I will absolutely be singing live. This is what I was born to do."
The star is rumoured to be teaming up with old bandmates Destiny's Child and hubby Jay-Z for the gig.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready