Beyonce admits lip-syncing at Obama's Inauguration ceremony
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
Beyonce says she did mime her performance at President Barack Obama's inauguration last month as she did not want to take a risk at the big event.
The superstar singer said they did not have time to rehearse and the weather condition was also not favourable so she decided to go ahead with a recorded song.
Beyonce broke her silence on the controversy by live singing the American national anthem before revealing why she decided to mime the anthem.
During a press conference for her upcoming Super Bowl appearance, Beyonce said she decided to mime at the last minute because she is a 'perfectionist'.
"I practise until my feet bleed and I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra. Due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking a risk.
"It was about the president and the inauguration, and I wanted to make him and my country proud, so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I'm very proud of my performance," she said.
Her presidential performance was initially praised but it was short-lived when rumours of miming began to surface.
However, she said her much-anticipated Super Bowl performance will feature live singing.
"I will absolutely be singing live. This is what I was born to do."