Beyonce dropped her father as manager over fights
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Singing superstar Beyonce has said she severed professional ties with her father Mathew Knowles two years back as they disagreed over most decisions.
While many assumed he was dropped from being the 'Love on Top' singer's manager because he cheated on Beyonce's mother Tina and fathered a child outside of his marriage, there were deeper, professional issues that caused the split, reported Hollywood Life.
"It took a while for me and my dad to have an understanding. When I turned 18 and started handling my business more, he went into shock. And we had our issues.
"I'd say 'No' to something, and he'd book it anyway. Then I'd have to do it because I'd look bad. We would fight sometimes, and it took about two years, to when I was 20, for him to realize, 'Oh, she is an adult now, and if she doesn't wanna do something, I can't make her do it'," Beyonce said on her recent interview with Oprah Winfrey.
Tina filed for divorce from Mathew on November 11, 2009, after several reports about Mathew's affair with actress Alexsandra Wright had surfaced.
Alexsandra has a son, Nixon, who was proved to be Mathew's after a paternity test was issued.