Beyonce Knowles to perform at BRITs
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Pop star Beyonce Knowles will reportedly join One Direction, Mumford and Sons, Robbie Williams and Muse in performing at the BRIT Awards.
The 'Single Ladies' hitmaker is set to appear at the annual ceremony on February 20, days after she makes her comeback at the Super Bowl XLVII half time show in the US, reported Sun online.
"Beyonce coming to The BRITs is a huge coup for organisers. She's among the best live pop acts on the planet and will have brand new material to play for the audience," a source said.
"The last time she played at The BRITs, nine years ago, was at the start of her solo career, singing 'Crazy In Love'. So it's apt that she's back this year," the source added.
Knowles released her last album, '4' in 2011 but was recently seen back in the studio with her husband, rapper Jay-Z, sparking rumours that they have recorded a new track together.
The last time Knowles performed in the UK was a triumphant headlining set at Glastonbury music festival in 2011. The BRIT Awards 2013 take place on February 20 at The O2 venue in London.