Beyonce lip-synced national anthem at Obama inauguration?
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
R&B star Beyonce reportedly lip-synced to a recorded version of the US national anthem at President Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony instead of singing it live.
The Grammy-winning superstar was slated to perform 'The Star Spangled Banner' at the presidential inauguration but she used prerecorded music, while members of the Marine Corps Band, which was set to back her instrumentally, played live, The Hollywood Reporter said.
"We don't know why Beyonce decided to use prerecorded music," a spokesperson for the Marine Corps Band said in a statement.
"All music is prerecorded as a matter of course, and that's something we've done for years and years. The Marine Band did perform live throughout the ceremony, but we received last-minute word that Beyonce wanted to use the recording."
Mid-performance at the inauguration, she pulled out her earpiece, which ostensibly was being used to time her lip movements to the music.
Over the weekend, Beyonce even tweeted out photos of her in the recording studio practising for the performance.