Beyonce lip-synced national anthem at Obama inauguration?
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP beat SRH by 72 runs
R&B star Beyonce reportedly lip-synced to a recorded version of the US national anthem at President Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony instead of singing it live.
The Grammy-winning superstar was slated to perform 'The Star Spangled Banner' at the presidential inauguration but she used prerecorded music, while members of the Marine Corps Band, which was set to back her instrumentally, played live, The Hollywood Reporter said.
"We don't know why Beyonce decided to use prerecorded music," a spokesperson for the Marine Corps Band said in a statement.
"All music is prerecorded as a matter of course, and that's something we've done for years and years. The Marine Band did perform live throughout the ceremony, but we received last-minute word that Beyonce wanted to use the recording."
Mid-performance at the inauguration, she pulled out her earpiece, which ostensibly was being used to time her lip movements to the music.
Over the weekend, Beyonce even tweeted out photos of her in the recording studio practising for the performance.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready