Beyonce pays tribute to mother
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
R&B star Beyonce has paid tribute to her mother Tina Knowles in a new video for Chime for Change, fashion label Gucci's global campaign for women's empowerment.
The 31-year-old cited her mother as the most influential female in her life, reported Contactmusic.
"My mother's gift is finding the best qualities in every human being. I think her gift is understanding and helping people get to their best selves," Beyonce said.
The campaign was launched in support of an upcoming concert The Sound of Change Live, which will see Beyonce, Ellie Goulding, Florence and the Machine and Rita Ora highlight women's issues at London's Twickenham Stadium.
"Our goal is to call for change for girls and women in the loudest voice possible," said Beyonce, adding that the event was a chance to "bring the issues of education, health and justice for girls and women to the world stage."
Beyonce added, "Girls have to be taught from early on that they are strong and capable of being anything they want to be. It's up to us to change the statistics for women around the world."