Beyonce pays tribute to mother
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
R&B star Beyonce has paid tribute to her mother Tina Knowles in a new video for Chime for Change, fashion label Gucci's global campaign for women's empowerment.
The 31-year-old cited her mother as the most influential female in her life, reported Contactmusic.
"My mother's gift is finding the best qualities in every human being. I think her gift is understanding and helping people get to their best selves," Beyonce said.
The campaign was launched in support of an upcoming concert The Sound of Change Live, which will see Beyonce, Ellie Goulding, Florence and the Machine and Rita Ora highlight women's issues at London's Twickenham Stadium.
"Our goal is to call for change for girls and women in the loudest voice possible," said Beyonce, adding that the event was a chance to "bring the issues of education, health and justice for girls and women to the world stage."
Beyonce added, "Girls have to be taught from early on that they are strong and capable of being anything they want to be. It's up to us to change the statistics for women around the world."