Beyonce pens 'Thank You' note for fellow Superbowl performers
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
R&B superstar Beyonce has penned an emotional 'thank you' note for her fellow Super Bowl performers telling them it was an "honour" to take to the stage alongside such "phenomenal ladies".
The 'Crazy in Love' hitmaker wowed the crowds on Sunday with her half-time performance at the Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana, which featured a much-awaited reunion with her Destiny's Child bandmates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams.
The Super Bowl was kicked off by Beyonce's 'Dreamgirls' co-star Jennifer Hudson, who paid tribute to the victims of the December shooting at Newtown, Connecticut's Sandy Hook Elementary School by performing America the Beautiful with the school's choir, and Alicia Keys sang the US National Anthem while playing a grand piano.
After the show, Beyonce wrote a note to all the singers, which was shared on Twitter by make-up artist Joanna Simkin.
"What a proud day for African American women! Kelly, Michelle, Alicia, JHud (Hudson) you are all beautiful, talented and show so much class! It was an honour to perform at the Super Bowl with you phenomenal ladies. Love Beyonce," it read.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully