Beyonce secures £30m Pepsi deal
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
Fans of Beyonce are likely to see much more of her after the R 'n' B queen signed a 30-million-pound deal to become the face of Pepsi.
Reportedly, not only she will appear in adverts for the soft drink, but in a first for the company, her face will be featured on cans and bottles of the drink.
While other well known figures, such as David Beckham and Jennifer Lopez, have been used in TV and magazine campaigns, it is the first time that a celebrity's face will adorn the drink.
The limited edition cans will be released in March and sold worldwide, including the UK.
The promotion will kick start by Beyonce's appearance in February during the half time show at the Super Bowl, the world's most watched sports event with worldwide audience of over 500 million viewers.
Another part of the deal will see Pepsi investing millions in other projects favoured by the singer that have no connection to promoting the soft drink.
Announcing the deal, Beyonce said: "Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve"
"As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity," she said.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say