Beyonce signs multi-million pound soft drink deal
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
R&B star Beyonce Knowles has cemented her place as a top earning singer by signing a lucrative deal with Pepsi worth an estimated 31.3 million pounds.
The 31-year-old singer, who raises a daughter with husband Jay Z, has previously appeared in adverts for the firm, but she has now stepped up her involvement with the company by becoming the face of the brand and giving Pepsi sponsorship for her albums, concerts, photoshoots and music videos, reported Daily Star.
"Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve. As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity," she said in a statement.
Lee Anne Callahan-Longo, who runs Beyonce's Parkwood Entertainment company, says the deal is more than just a regular brand sponsorship agreement.
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past