Beyonce signs multi-million pound soft drink deal
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
R&B star Beyonce Knowles has cemented her place as a top earning singer by signing a lucrative deal with Pepsi worth an estimated 31.3 million pounds.
The 31-year-old singer, who raises a daughter with husband Jay Z, has previously appeared in adverts for the firm, but she has now stepped up her involvement with the company by becoming the face of the brand and giving Pepsi sponsorship for her albums, concerts, photoshoots and music videos, reported Daily Star.
"Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve. As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity," she said in a statement.
Lee Anne Callahan-Longo, who runs Beyonce's Parkwood Entertainment company, says the deal is more than just a regular brand sponsorship agreement.
"It's wise for a brand like Pepsi to give an artist the ability to truly express herself. Instead of just the old-school way of, 'Do you want to be in an advertisement?' This is much bigger. This is, 'How can we create something together that is truly unique?,'" Lee Anne said.