Beyonce signs multi-million pound soft drink deal
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
R&B star Beyonce Knowles has cemented her place as a top earning singer by signing a lucrative deal with Pepsi worth an estimated 31.3 million pounds.
The 31-year-old singer, who raises a daughter with husband Jay Z, has previously appeared in adverts for the firm, but she has now stepped up her involvement with the company by becoming the face of the brand and giving Pepsi sponsorship for her albums, concerts, photoshoots and music videos, reported Daily Star.
"Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve. As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity," she said in a statement.
Lee Anne Callahan-Longo, who runs Beyonce's Parkwood Entertainment company, says the deal is more than just a regular brand sponsorship agreement.
"It's wise for a brand like Pepsi to give an artist the ability to truly express herself. Instead of just the old-school way of, 'Do you want to be in an advertisement?' This is much bigger. This is, 'How can we create something together that is truly unique?,'" Lee Anne said.