Bhaag Milka Bhaag goes tax-free in Maharashtra
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Farhan Akhtar's biopic on Legendary sportsman Milkha Singh, Bhaag Milka Bhaag, has got a tax-free status by the Maharashtra government.
The lead actor of the film Bhaag Milka Bhaag, Farhan Akhtar tweeted the news today.
Maharashtra Govt grants Bhaag Milkha Bhaag tax-free status. http://t.co/5ye48cbZPH— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) July 20, 2013
Farhan Akhtar, along with his director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, had met with the Maharashtra Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat seeking to waive off entertainment tax on Bhaag Milkha Bhaag so that it could reach a much larger section of audience.
Farhan plays the title role in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, a biopic of legendary athlete Milkha Singh. The film, which released on July 12, has earned over Rs 40 crore so far.
Sonam Kapoor, Divya Dutta and Prakash Raj also feature in small roles in the film.
Baag Milkha Bhaag, an 8.7 scorer in IMDb has been achieving new heights of success almost everyday. From doing extremely well on the box office to being appreciated by people from all walks of life, and now getting a tax free status.
Farhan Akhtar's alluring performance as Milkha Singh has impressed both critics and audiences alike.