Bhagwat says rapes occur in urban India, not rural Bharat; BJP defends him
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Internal battle in BJP out in open: M M Joshi seeks clarity on Varanasi seat
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Addressing the function, Vijayvargiya said: "I am sure if women start dressing up decently, perversion will stop automatically stop." Quoting a businessman friend, he rued how the sale of dupattas has reduced in recent times.
"The party does not approve of it (Vijayvargiya's remarks) and disassociates itself from the same... the party has asked the minister to kindly withdraw it," said Ravishankar Prasad in New Delhi.
In July, commenting on the Guwahati molestation case, Vijayvargiya had said: "Aisa shringar karna chahiye ki dekhnewalon ko mahila ke prati shradhha utpanna ho, uttejana nahi (women should dress in a way that earns them respect, not arouses (sexual) excitement."