Bhagwat says rapes occur in urban India, not rural Bharat; BJP defends him
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Addressing the function, Vijayvargiya said: "I am sure if women start dressing up decently, perversion will stop automatically stop." Quoting a businessman friend, he rued how the sale of dupattas has reduced in recent times.
"The party does not approve of it (Vijayvargiya's remarks) and disassociates itself from the same... the party has asked the minister to kindly withdraw it," said Ravishankar Prasad in New Delhi.
In July, commenting on the Guwahati molestation case, Vijayvargiya had said: "Aisa shringar karna chahiye ki dekhnewalon ko mahila ke prati shradhha utpanna ho, uttejana nahi (women should dress in a way that earns them respect, not arouses (sexual) excitement."