Bhandara police inspector suspended
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Taking serious note of the rape and murder of three sisters in Bhandara, the Maharashtra government has suspended the police inspector of the local police station for failing to trace the girls who had been missing for nearly two days.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan has also asked Additional DG (Law and Order) Ahmed Jawed to visit the spot and submit a detailed report.
The sisters, students of class V, IV and I, had not returned from their village school in Bhandara district on February 14. On February 16, their schoolbags and chappals were found near a well, and their bodies inside it. An autopsy report confirmed they had been raped and murdered. Meanwhile, the CM has announced an assistance of Rs 10 lakh to their mother and has appealed locals to maintain peace in the region.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Salman Khanâ€™s â€˜Jai Hoâ€™ collects Rs 100 cr worldwide despite slowÂ start
- Narendra Modi attacks Congress over lack of war memorial