Bhandarkar does charity of Rs. 1 lakh to get film title 'Heroine'
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
There have been instances in the past where Bollywood filmmakers have requested their fellow colleagues to give them a required film title, which they might have rights for. However, what Madhur has done is definitely a first.
Madhur Bhandarkar, the new age realistic director, of late has been hunting for a single word title for his next film that stars Kareena Kapoor. And the title that he was looking at was Heroine. As luck would have it, the said title was already booked by Guddu Dhanoa, who has earlier made films like Deewana, Big Brother, Kismat, Bichhoo, Elaan etc. Madhur, instead of hitting upon a roadblock, hit upon a novel solution by deciding to donate Rs. 1 lakh to Guddu Dhanoa's charity and, thus became the owner of the title!