Bhandarkar does charity of Rs. 1 lakh to get film title 'Heroine'
- Quota row: Curfew imposed in Gujarat's Mehsana district
- Indrani Mukherjea, former Star TV CEO Peter Mukherjea's wife, arrested on murder charge
- India's population 121.09 crore; Hindus 79.8 pc, Muslims 14.2 pc: Census
- Kejriwal meets PM Modi, talks about better Centre-State relation
- BJP registers comfortable win in Bengaluru civic polls, setback for Congress
There have been instances in the past where Bollywood filmmakers have requested their fellow colleagues to give them a required film title, which they might have rights for. However, what Madhur has done is definitely a first.
Madhur Bhandarkar, the new age realistic director, of late has been hunting for a single word title for his next film that stars Kareena Kapoor. And the title that he was looking at was Heroine. As luck would have it, the said title was already booked by Guddu Dhanoa, who has earlier made films like Deewana, Big Brother, Kismat, Bichhoo, Elaan etc. Madhur, instead of hitting upon a roadblock, hit upon a novel solution by deciding to donate Rs. 1 lakh to Guddu Dhanoa's charity and, thus became the owner of the title!