Bhandarkar does charity of Rs. 1 lakh to get film title 'Heroine'
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
There have been instances in the past where Bollywood filmmakers have requested their fellow colleagues to give them a required film title, which they might have rights for. However, what Madhur has done is definitely a first.
Madhur Bhandarkar, the new age realistic director, of late has been hunting for a single word title for his next film that stars Kareena Kapoor. And the title that he was looking at was Heroine. As luck would have it, the said title was already booked by Guddu Dhanoa, who has earlier made films like Deewana, Big Brother, Kismat, Bichhoo, Elaan etc. Madhur, instead of hitting upon a roadblock, hit upon a novel solution by deciding to donate Rs. 1 lakh to Guddu Dhanoa's charity and, thus became the owner of the title!
Madhur said, "It was really nice of Guddu to have given the title to me. But I am not quite sure that if I am going to retain the same title for my film, as the film is in its premature stages. I will be in a position to say anything only after I get the final script in place."