Bharti Airtel launches Airtel mEducation services
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Bharti Airtel today launched mEducation services that will enable its customers to access courses for English learning, competitive exam preparation and career counselling on their mobile phones.
"In many parts of the country, access to formal education is still restricted. Mobile platform has the potential to bridge this restriction using technology. Airtel mEducation service uses technology-enabled platforms to address the challenging issues of education with an endeavour to enrich the lives of our customers," Bharti Airtel President (Consumer Business) K Srinivas said in a statement.
The charges for these services range from Rs 1.5 to Rs 10 per day.
"The innovative new service platform now enables Airtel mobile customers across the country to easily access a host of education services including courses for language skills, entrance exam preparation and career counselling from the best
of universities and professors in the country with just a few clicks on their mobile phones," it said.
Based on both voice (IVR) and SMS format, the courses offer interactive learning in the native language of the customers.
The company is also offering mock tests for entrance and competitive exams such as UPSC, MBA for Rs 99 for 12 mock tests.