Bhati, Ohri advance
- Detention of separatists shows how fragile is India-Pak peace process
- Pakistan refuses to host CPU meet, says will not invite J&K speaker
- Rajasthan civic polls: BJP loses face in Raje's bastion of Jhalawar, Dholpur
- Brutally assaulted in jail, claims Dec 16 gangrape convict
- CAG indictment of discoms in Delhi: Best news for AAP government
Ashray Ohri of Delhi and Khuman Singh Bhati of Services registered easy wins over CCI opponents to advance in the 69th CCI-Western India Open Squash Tournament that got under way at the Cricket Club of India on Monday.
Ohri beat Shivam Mehta, while Bhati overcame Vikram Apte, both in straight sets, in the Men's Open second qualifying round. Joining the duo in the third round was Pune No. 1 Abhinav Sinha who beat Maunil Vora of Mumbai, also in straight sets. Abhishek Khanna of IIT, Bombay, Aditya Maheshwari of CCI and Ajaz Shaikh of Celebration Sports Club advanced to the second qualifying round. Among the Professionals, fancied Sanjay Pawar of Otters Club and N. Benjamin entered the round of 16.