Bhati, Ohri advance
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Ashray Ohri of Delhi and Khuman Singh Bhati of Services registered easy wins over CCI opponents to advance in the 69th CCI-Western India Open Squash Tournament that got under way at the Cricket Club of India on Monday.
Ohri beat Shivam Mehta, while Bhati overcame Vikram Apte, both in straight sets, in the Men's Open second qualifying round. Joining the duo in the third round was Pune No. 1 Abhinav Sinha who beat Maunil Vora of Mumbai, also in straight sets. Abhishek Khanna of IIT, Bombay, Aditya Maheshwari of CCI and Ajaz Shaikh of Celebration Sports Club advanced to the second qualifying round. Among the Professionals, fancied Sanjay Pawar of Otters Club and N. Benjamin entered the round of 16.
Results: Men (2nd Qualifying Rd): Ashray Ohri (Delhi) bt Shivam Mehta (CCI) 11-3, 11-0, 11-5; Abhinav Sinha (Pune) bt Maunil Vora (Mumbai) 11-0, 11-3, 11-2; Khuman Singh Bhati (Services) bt Vikram Apte (CCI) 11-8, 11-4, 11-6. 1st qualifying Rd: Abhishek Khanna (IIT Bombay) bt Mainak Billimoria (CCI) 11-5, 11-7, 8-11, 11-7; Aditya Maheshwari (CCI) bt Shakshi Jha 11-0, 11-2, 11-4; Ajaz Shaikh (Celebration SC) bt Sharad Chaturvedi 11-3, 11-0, 11-1. Professionals: Rd of 32: 3/4-Sanjay Pawar (Otters Club) bt Ajay Pawar (SPA) 11-4, 11-6, 11-9; N Benjamin bt Mohd. Rameez Riaz (NSCI) 11-7, 11-6, 11-5. Rd of 64: Shivaji Anil Mohite (JPVG) bt Jayesh Madhav Marathe 15-13, 11-4, 11-1; Santosh Ramesh Kharat bt Ravindra Navel (SPA) 11-4, 11-6, 11-3; Umesh More bt Gaikwad Samer 11-5, 11-2, 11-9; Vijay Waghela (Khar Gym) bt Virendra Pawar (SPA) 11-4, 13-11, 11-3; Shashank Khatri bt Khanga Ram 6-11, 11-7, 11-7, 11-7; Deepesh Borhade (Otters Club) bt Ajaz Shaikh (Celebration SC) 11-7, 11-6, 11-8; Surendra Valmiki bt Anirudha Depesh Jadhav (SPA) 11-7, 11-7, 12-10; Devdas Tambe bt Mohan Manoj Manjrekar (The Club) 7-11, 7-11, 11-9, 11-8, 11-9; Jiven Singh bt Prashant S. More 8-11, 11-8, 11-9, 11-7; Baban More bt Nadeem Shaikh (SPA) 11-5, 12-10, 11-8; N. Benjamin bt Sanjay Salvi 11-8, 11-8, 11-8; Mohd. Rameez Riaz (NSCI) bt Yashwant Vaibhav Sathe (SPA) 11-3, 11-5, 8-11, 11-7; Milind Tambe (Willingdon SC) bt Rohit Hate (Jolly Gym, Vidyavihar) 11-8, 11-3, 11-3.
- A youth leader takes on Congress veteran in the NE primary
- On Women’s Day, ECI holds special campaign to woo women voters
- Disgruntled Aam Aadmi Party worker smears ink on Yogendra Yadav’s face
- Welfare Party of India fields candidates in 18 seats
- Mid-day meal workers clash with police, a few injured
- Indigo plane catches fire on landing, none hurt