Bhatts lose 'Jannat 2' battle against Kapil Chopra
- Excessive rains wreak havoc in several states, 81 die due to flood
- Govt, Congress in war of words ahead of all-party meet
- Malaysia seeks help in finding more possible MH370 debris
- Sushma Swaraj has committed no crime: Parrikar on Lalit Modi case
- Congress hits back at Mahesh Sharma over his 'no work, no pay' remark
A few months back, writer Kapil Chopra was a worried man, courtesy, the legal battle between him and the Bhatts, who allegedly used his script for their film 'Jannat 2' without crediting him for it. This made Chopra sue the Bhatts for Rs. 10 lakhs as well to credit him for the story. But today, Chopra is a relived man as the court passed the judgement in his favour, which resulted in him getting double the said amount.
Not just that, since he had filed the case post the theatrical release of the film, his name was not possible to be added to the credits as well as the in the DVDs. But since the court had ordered to settle the matter before airing the film on TV or internet, last Sunday's TV premiere of the film saw Chopra's name in the credits. Kapil said that after a long battle for his rights, he was relieved. He added that many fellow writers have appreciated his efforts.