Bhatts lose 'Jannat 2' battle against Kapil Chopra
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A few months back, writer Kapil Chopra was a worried man, courtesy, the legal battle between him and the Bhatts, who allegedly used his script for their film 'Jannat 2' without crediting him for it. This made Chopra sue the Bhatts for Rs. 10 lakhs as well to credit him for the story. But today, Chopra is a relived man as the court passed the judgement in his favour, which resulted in him getting double the said amount.
Not just that, since he had filed the case post the theatrical release of the film, his name was not possible to be added to the credits as well as the in the DVDs. But since the court had ordered to settle the matter before airing the film on TV or internet, last Sunday's TV premiere of the film saw Chopra's name in the credits. Kapil said that after a long battle for his rights, he was relieved. He added that many fellow writers have appreciated his efforts.