Bhimthadi Jatra to begin from January 24
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
The Bhimthadi Jatra, an annual event organised by the Agriculture Development Trust Baramati, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth Rahuri, and Department of Agriculture Government of Maharashtra, will be held from January 24 to January 27. The bhoomi poojan of the jatra was done by Vijay Kolte on January 18. The jatra will be held at the Agricultural College Ground in Shivajinagar. This year the onus of the jatra will be a national one with food, handloom and handicrafts from all over the country coming in.
Sunanda Pawar, convenor, Bhimthadi Jatra, said, "More than 350 stalls of Self Help Groups (SHG) will display food and consumer products for sale in the Jatra.
"There will be SHGs from 17 states participating. Amongst others there will be 'No Plastic Training' to make useful products out of waste, traditional games for women, live demo of villages from the olden days are some of the key features."Traditional groups like the Waghya Murali, Pingla, Potraj, Kudmudya Jyotishi, Gondhali will display their livestyles and arts at the Jatra. This year Jatra will also see women entrepreneurs participating for the first time, a special stall for organic products, fair exhibiting cultural and traditional heritage will aim to spread awareness on garbage and waste management.