Bhiwani gangrape victim backtracks from statement
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Varun Gandhi to file nomination; Kejriwal arrives in Varanasi
Charkhi Dadri:The Bhiwani-based teenager, who was allegedly gangraped by six youths throughout the night on January 1, on Friday backtracked from her statement and said that one of the youth's parents was not involved in the crime. While the victim had blamed her friend for taking her out on the night, following which, she was raped by six others, On Friday, she stated that she had named her friend under pressure. The victim had also named her friend's mother and father as the conspirators, after which, the police had named all three as co-accused in the FIR. In a meeting convened by members of Saini Samaj (to which the accused and victim belong) in Charkhi Dadri, she changed her statement.
Absconding rape accused nabbed
Rewari:The Haryana Police finally arrested a rape accused, Ranbir, who had been on the run for about two months, from the bus stand at Nangal Mundi village in Rewari district. According to the police, the accused, a doctor, had called the complainant in the case and asked her to meet him at the bus stand. She informed police, who arrested him.
Minister in trouble for using national emblem
Jalandhar:A complaint has been filed to the Police Commissioner (Jalandhar) Friday against Local Bodies minister Bhagat Chunni Lal for issuing identity cards, which seem to be issued by Punjab government, to BJP workers using national emblem in his stamp. Congress Thursday had said that it would file a complaint and also send one to the Punjab Governor.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi