Bhiwani double murder: Har Police announce reward of Rs 2 lakh
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
Police today announced a reward of Rs two lakh for any information on a notorious criminal who allegedly killed two brothers in this district yesterday.
Bhiwani's Superintendent of Police, Simardeep Singh said police teams were searching for Kolbir, a resident of village Bond Kalan and the main accused in the double murder case.
The situation in the village which had been tense following the murders was peaceful today.
Yesterday, an irate mob allegedly torched a police station in the village, burnt three jeeps and some motorcycles that were parked outside, clashed with the police leaving 12 persons, including four cops injured and blocked the highway connecting Rohtak with Narnaul and Dadri.
The villagers alleged that cops had failed to take any action against Kolbir who killed the two brothers in the village on Wednesday. They also alleged that Kolbir was a proclaimed offender who had jumped parole and had been harassing the villagers.
The villagers have given police time till tomorrow to arrest the accused or face agitation.
There are four others also wanted in the case, all of whom are on the run.