Bhiwani double murder: Har Police announce reward of Rs 2 lakh
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: KKR lose Pandey after steady stand against DD
Police today announced a reward of Rs two lakh for any information on a notorious criminal who allegedly killed two brothers in this district yesterday.
Bhiwani's Superintendent of Police, Simardeep Singh said police teams were searching for Kolbir, a resident of village Bond Kalan and the main accused in the double murder case.
The situation in the village which had been tense following the murders was peaceful today.
Yesterday, an irate mob allegedly torched a police station in the village, burnt three jeeps and some motorcycles that were parked outside, clashed with the police leaving 12 persons, including four cops injured and blocked the highway connecting Rohtak with Narnaul and Dadri.
The villagers alleged that cops had failed to take any action against Kolbir who killed the two brothers in the village on Wednesday. They also alleged that Kolbir was a proclaimed offender who had jumped parole and had been harassing the villagers.
The villagers have given police time till tomorrow to arrest the accused or face agitation.
There are four others also wanted in the case, all of whom are on the run.