Bhoomi pujan held for food street in Sector 48
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
After several delays, bhoomi pujan of the first food street in Sector 48 was finally performed on Sunday, paving the way for the construction to begin at the site.
This one-of-its kind food street will cost approximately Rs 25 lakh. The open food court area will be 50 feet x 50 feet, will have Kota marble platform and six 7.25 feet x 7.25 feet booths. The food court will have an open sitting area and drinking water facility. The project may take five-six months to complete.
The food street will have six kiosks. Once operational, it will cater to the residents of the southern sectors where a large number of housing societies are present. A substantial population resides in the southern sectors.
Area councillor Davesh Moudgil, who along with residents of the area participated in the bhoomi pujan, said this project had been neglected for many years and it was an essential requirement of the residential societies of the southern sectors. There are no restaurants in these sectors and residents have to travel long distances to eat out.
Recently, the tender for the food street, the foundation stone for which was laid in 2009, was re-allotted.
The food street had hit several roadblocks since the foundation was laid in December 2009. The tender had been allotted earlier. However, before the construction could be started, it came to light that the site that was allotted for the food street was in the way of a slow carriageway that was to be constructed in the area.
For shifting of the site a little further, revised plans were prepared. The approval of these plans took several months. In the meantime, the contractor who had been allotted the contract refused to start construction, stating that the cost of material had gone up and the agency would not be able to undertake construction. Thereafter, tenders were invited several times, but no one was willing to take up work.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment