Bhopal Badshahs hold Chandigarh Comets to 4-4 draw in WSH
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
Bhopal Badshahs made a remarkable comeback to hold second-placed Chandigarh Comets 4-4 in an 11th round match of the World Series Hockey here today.
Down 0-4 in the first two quarters, Badshahs made a spirited comeback and scored four goals in the next two periods to deny Comets full points.
Expectedly it was the team from Chandigarh which dominated the first two quarters pumping in as many as four goals through Sukhwinder Singh Gabbar (8th minute and 20th), Gurjinder Singh (9th), and Amir Khan (30th).
But it was not to be Comets day as Badshahs came out a determined lot in the last two quarters and scored through Affan Yousuf (40th minute), Sameer Dad (47th), Shailendra Singh Bundela (61st, 64th) to share points with the better-placed visitors.
By virtue of this draw, Comets have consolidated their position in the standings and have moved to the second position with 19 points from 11 matches.
The draw also raised Badshahs' semifinal hopes and they now lie in the sixth position in the tally with 14 points from 11 games.
Badshahs will next host bottom-placed Mumbai Marines here tomorrow, while Chandigarh will travel to Chennai to play third-placed Chennai Cheetahs on Monday.