Bhujbal gives a boost to Konkan tourism
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal Friday announced the launch of an amusement park called 'Sea World' in Sindhudurg district. The project has been given to Science and Technology Park (STP) which will begin working on the proposal.
Emerging from the meeting held with university and STP officials, Bhujbal said, "The amusement park is a project to promote tourism in the Konkan region. The cost of the project will be around Rs 800-900 crore. We have asked the STP to submit the proposal by March 2013. Experts from London will work to ensure the project meets the safety requirements. The project is to be built on a 1,400 sq meter area, which will be completed in four years."
The minister has also announced the launch of five Volvo buses to Sindhudurg and Ratnagiri from Mumbai and Pune.
"This is to increase the connectivity of the famous tourist spots with major cities in Maharashtra, which will in turn increase tourist inflow. The buses will start working in the next 15-20 days," Bhujbal said.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it