Bhujbal hits out at critics
- Bulandshahr gangrape: Minor victim moves SC, seeks FIR against Azam Khan
- NSG row behind them, Chinese FM Wang Yi holds talks with PM Modi, Sushma Swaraj
- Behind attack on BJP leader Brijpal Teotia: 8 murders & a plot
- Appointment of judges: Break logjam soon or we will step in, CJI tells govt
- Sania Mirza-Rohan Bopanna one win away from Rio 2016 Olympics medal
PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal, who gave away the Mahatma Phule Samata Awards in the city on Wednesday said, "Whatever I say becomes a controversy. I have two kinds of opposers — those who oppose my party work and those who oppose my social work. Some have even made it their job to create a controversy from anything I speak. However, I will not give in to them and will keep saying whatever I want to."
Dr Bhalchandra Mungekar, MP promised to allocate Rs 25 lakh from his MP local area development funds for a light and sound show on Mahatma Jyotiba Phule and Savitribai Phule, if the district administration sends a proposal to him.
Mungekar said that these days, there are more thinkers and authors than readers.
"Earning a PhD, writing books, giving speeches seem to be the guidelines to become a thinker. Mahatma Phule was not like that," he said.
Mungekar added that a thinker has to be a true intellectual with foresight.
Mahatma Phule had rightly represented today's issues of farmers' suicides and water scarcity.
"Today, the caste system is strengthening in a way, instead of weaning. Political, commercial and social powers are being concentrated in members of certain castes," he said.
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov
- Pakistan’s foreign policy, founded on hostility towards India, has isolated it globally
- India can gain by being active in the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Civic tech can be an instrument for bringing social change
- All parties meet about Kashmir. But are they prepared to hear the Kashmiris?