Bibwewadi: Under-construction building collapses, 7 labourers injured
- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
Pune:Seven construction labourers were injured after the balcony of an under-construction building in Bibwewadi collapsed around 4 pm on Saturday. Police said condition of three of them was serious.
Police said the building on survey number 625 in Bibwewadi was under construction since last few months. PSI SA Ide of Bibwewadi police station said, "We have identified the builder and the contractor. We are looking for the person responsible after which an offence will be registered." He said, "We will check whether adequate safety measures were taken." Additional city engineer Vivek Kharwadkar with PMC said, "The building has the necessary approval. I am getting the details."
CoEP students to make Guinness bid today
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies
- The Council of Islamic Ideology symbolises a contagion of pious madness
- India cannot continue to fight a 21st century battle with 19th century institutions
- Odd-even policy took on pollution. Now address congestion.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?