Bibwewadi: Under-construction building collapses, 7 labourers injured
- India is now one of the most open countries for foreign investments: PM Modi
- India does not accept intolerance even if it is one or two or three incidents: Modi in UK
- 200 writers urge David Cameron to help 'safeguard freedom of expression in India'
- Woman gangraped by two security guards at Bengaluru's Cubbon Park
- 16 killed in twin suicide blasts in Beirut's Shiite suburb
Pune:Seven construction labourers were injured after the balcony of an under-construction building in Bibwewadi collapsed around 4 pm on Saturday. Police said condition of three of them was serious.
Police said the building on survey number 625 in Bibwewadi was under construction since last few months. PSI SA Ide of Bibwewadi police station said, "We have identified the builder and the contractor. We are looking for the person responsible after which an offence will be registered." He said, "We will check whether adequate safety measures were taken." Additional city engineer Vivek Kharwadkar with PMC said, "The building has the necessary approval. I am getting the details."
CoEP students to make Guinness bid today
Pune:On Sunday, about 2,500 students, alumni, teachers and members of non-teaching staff from CoEP will attempt to accomplish the sequence completion of Rubiks Cube in 10 minutes with the aim to get an entry into the Guinness Book of World Records.
- Having won a historic election, can Aung San Suu Kyi unite Myanmar?
- The new bankruptcy code can stimulate credit availability for entrepreneurs
- All the sarkar’s land
- Diary item: Rediscovery of Olga Gray
- With a few modifications, MGNREGA can dent poverty
- Centre should merge excise and service tax regimes as a precursor to GST