Bicycle expo kicks off, with salsa, new models
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
The bicycle expo which was inaugurated on the Government College for Girls' grounds on Friday offered a variety of entertainment apart from display of various models.
In order to pull crowd, companies organised salsa dance, a show by models and various other activities.
At the stall of Kross bicycles which launched their bicycles in the Indian market for the first time as earlier they were into export, salsa dance performance was being staged by a couple on popular numbers after every few minutes. "Such activities are crowd pullers. The ones who watch dance, will watch the models as well. And all our bicycle models are youth-oriented only," said MD Vijay Munjal.
The company also organised a lucky draw in which free bicycles and T-shirts were distributed to the winners.
Models dressed in short dresses were there to display their new range of bicycles at the stall of Hero Cycles. Asked why models were needed to display bicycles, the authorities again said it was to attract the masses.
Apart from this, Hero Cycles arranged a variety of activities in which the crowd was asked to do bhangra on one leg, do push-ups and win prizes apart from lucky draws.
Surprise gifts were distributed at a few other stalls as well.
Brahma Kumaris' stall
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy