Bicycle expo kicks off, with salsa, new models
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: Jadeja double spells trouble for RR against CSK
The bicycle expo which was inaugurated on the Government College for Girls' grounds on Friday offered a variety of entertainment apart from display of various models.
In order to pull crowd, companies organised salsa dance, a show by models and various other activities.
At the stall of Kross bicycles which launched their bicycles in the Indian market for the first time as earlier they were into export, salsa dance performance was being staged by a couple on popular numbers after every few minutes. "Such activities are crowd pullers. The ones who watch dance, will watch the models as well. And all our bicycle models are youth-oriented only," said MD Vijay Munjal.
The company also organised a lucky draw in which free bicycles and T-shirts were distributed to the winners.
Models dressed in short dresses were there to display their new range of bicycles at the stall of Hero Cycles. Asked why models were needed to display bicycles, the authorities again said it was to attract the masses.
Apart from this, Hero Cycles arranged a variety of activities in which the crowd was asked to do bhangra on one leg, do push-ups and win prizes apart from lucky draws.
Surprise gifts were distributed at a few other stalls as well.
Brahma Kumaris' stall
Prajapita Brahma Kumaris' Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya, a spiritual organisation, had set up their stall in the exhibition. They had also made a rangoli of flowers in the expo. Their theme was 'cycle of life' starting from Satyug to Kalyug.