Big B choked with emotions while shooting a scene for film Satyagraha
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Amitabh Bachchan was choked with emotions while shooting a scene for Prakash Jha's Satyagraha. The scene required the actor to hold aloft the Indian flag and Big B was emotionally choked while enacting the scene.
On his blog, Big B wrote, "What is it about National Flags and National Anthems, that brings that undeclared emotion within us? Why is it that when we hold our tricolor, sing our 'jan gan man ..', that we choke with emotion.
What makes those hardened athletes that stand on the victory podium during the Olympic medal ceremony, drop a tear as their nations' flag climbs up on the flagstaff in a stadium filled to capacity. Why do I feel similar today at the shooting, even though it is the enactment of a scene for the film that I work on - 'Satyagraha' !
A sense of pride, honor, possession, … a sense that what I hold belongs to us the citizens of my country - we Indians !! This flag … this tricolor … this emblem of our identity … is mine !"
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress