Big B choked with emotions while shooting a scene for film Satyagraha
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Amitabh Bachchan was choked with emotions while shooting a scene for Prakash Jha's Satyagraha. The scene required the actor to hold aloft the Indian flag and Big B was emotionally choked while enacting the scene.
On his blog, Big B wrote, "What is it about National Flags and National Anthems, that brings that undeclared emotion within us? Why is it that when we hold our tricolor, sing our 'jan gan man ..', that we choke with emotion.
What makes those hardened athletes that stand on the victory podium during the Olympic medal ceremony, drop a tear as their nations' flag climbs up on the flagstaff in a stadium filled to capacity. Why do I feel similar today at the shooting, even though it is the enactment of a scene for the film that I work on - 'Satyagraha' !
A sense of pride, honor, possession, … a sense that what I hold belongs to us the citizens of my country - we Indians !! This flag … this tricolor … this emblem of our identity … is mine !"