Big B overjoyed to receive letter from Dilip Kumar
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Amitabh Bachchan is overjoyed after being lauded by iconic yesteryear actor Dilip Kumar in a blog, where the senior actor said that Big B deserves an Oscar.
Bachchan, 69, said that he needs no other endorsement after being appreciated by the man who has been his inspiration.
"There are actors and there are actors and there is Dilip Kumar, Dilip Saheb, Yusuf Khan! From the moment I saw him in film I knew he was the ultimate inspiration for me. Today he posts a generous comment on me on his Twitter account, and I have nothing more to say but this - I do not care for any comment from any critic, colleague. I do not care for any opinion from anyone," Bachchan wrote on his blog.
"This below is the the most endearing and lasting endorsement that any actor could receive. I feel today after 42 years in the industry, that there is a fulfilment of thought and value. Nothing greater could have been asked for, nor received. I believed in a man who to me represented the ultimate. He was he is and he shall always be, The Dilip Kumar," he added.
Dilip Kumar, 89, wrote a blog addressing Bachchan saying that it was unfortunate that his film 'Black' missed an Oscar nomination.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi