Amitabh Bachchan's pays poetic tribute to Delhi gangrape victim
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has composed a moving poem as a tribute to the Delhi gangrape victim hoping that the world wakes up to the right and dignity of women.
Following is the poem:
"With the passage of time, the candles shall burn out and lose their flame...
The flowers offered with devotion, shall in the absence of water, get dry and weathered out...
The voices of protest both vocal and silent, shall lose their strength...
But the 'fearless' ( nirbhayata) fire that has been ignited, shall rekindle the flames in our hearts...
The waterless dry and weathered flowers, shall be brought to life drenched by the tears in our eyes...
With a burning throat the soul of 'Damini' and 'Amaanat', shall be voiced in the entire universe...
That I am the mother, sister and daughter of my Bharat...
Respect and dignity are my birthright possessions...
Bharat the country is my Mother...
Forget about me, become at least the recognised worthy face of your Mother..!!"
- School kids ‘adopt’ spotted deer at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Jain trust gets HC caveat to ordain minor as sadhu
- Time to help Zaheer make the decision: Prasad
- BMC in a ‘tearing’ hurry as poll code kicks in
- Two men shot at in Tilak Nagar, different versions puzzle police
- Shami makes most of lively wicket
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express