Big B, SRK, Aishwarya's wax figures at Washington Tussauds
- LIVE: Election Commission issues notice to AAP over clashes with BJP workers
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
Recognising the increasing popularity of top Bollywood stars, Madame Tussauds museum in Washington unveiled the wax figures of five superstars: Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Hrithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan.
The real-life wax figures of these popular Bollywood stars would be in Washington for the next few months after which it would be moved to New York and then to other American cities and other parts of the world.
"These were the five popular Bollywood figures that people wanted to see," Dan Rogoski, General Manager of the Madame Tussauds Museum in Washington told reporters at the unveiling ceremony yesterday.
All these statues were made in London, with each of them costing about USD 300,000.
Around 12-15 artists worked on these statues for about six months. "This is a travelling exhibit," he said.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students