Bigg Boss 7: Armaan Kohli arrested for 'physically abusing' Sofia Hayat
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
The Lonavala police arrested actor Armaan Kohli from the "Bigg Boss" house on Monday night for allegedly assaulting his co-participant and British actress-singer Sofia Hayat. He will be produced in the Wadgaon Maval court on Tuesday.
Omg! I just had a call now....arman Kohli arrested from bb house!— sofia hayat (@sofiahayat) December 16, 2013
Following a complaint filed by Hayat, the police had booked Kohli under Sections 324, 509, 506 and 504 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). Both Kohli and Hayat were participants in the Bigg Boss Saath 7 reality show aired on Colors TV.
Last week on Wednesday, Hayat had filed a complaint with the Santacruz police station in Mumbai accusing Kohli of hitting her with a wooden mop inside the 'Bigg Boss' house in Lonavala on December 4. The complaint was later transferred to the Lonavala police station for investigation.
The Lonavala police had contacted the 'Bigg Boss' management for seeking unedited video footage from their set. Police wanted to check the video footage before taking action against Kohli. Inspector Vishnu Pawar of the Lonavala police station is monitoring the investigations.