Big crime in a metro
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Vijay Palande and Arunkumar Tikku:On April 7, Delhi bizman Tikku was murdered in his Oshiwara flat.
Crime Branch arrested Vijay Palande, Dhananjay Shinde and Manoj Gajkosh and claimed they committed the crime to usurp Tikku's property. However, hours after police announced the arrests, Palande fled custody. Police spent a few tense hours before he was recaptured. The arrest helped cops unravel another murder, of Karan Kakkar. While recovering pieces of Tikku's body from Kumbharli Ghat in Satara, police found remains of another body and Palande was ultimately charged with three murders.
Laila Khan:It took a year and more for Mumbai Police to find the bodies of the starlet (30) and her five relatives on vacation after a 'missing' complaint was lodged in February 2011. Police claimed Pervez Iqbal Tak, lover of Laila's mother, and his accomplice Shakir Hussain Wani bludgeoned the six to death and dumped the bodies in the backyard of the family's farmhouse in Igatpuri before fleeing with jewellery. Probe into the murder bared a story of failed Bollywood dreams, drugs and broken family.
Bidushi:Denying their own theory, Mumbai Police might dub it accidental death and close the "murder" probe of the 23-year-old model and small-time actor. Bidushi Dash, an Orissa native who was brought up in Chennai, was found dead in her suburban Andheri apartment on October 23. With a diabetic history, glass shreds in her body and other theories, including homicide and suicide, D N Nagar Police are now awaiting a final medical report to draw a final conclusion on her death.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2