Big names for Senior National Bodybuilding
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
The Sr. National Body Building Championship, sponsored by Talwalkars and Goregaon Sports Club, to select the 'Sr. Mr. India', will be organised by the Indian Body Builders Federation in Mumbai from April 23 to 25.
Two hundred and fifty of the country's leading bodybuilders, from 22 states, will flex their muscles in this championship, which offers prize money of Rs 5.75 lakh. While the Champion of Champions (Mr. India) will take home Rs 1 lakh, the best poser will win Rs 25,000.
The Competition will be held in nine weight groups, with cash prizes on offer for the first five finishers in each group of Rs 15,000, 12,000, 10,000, 8,000 and 5,000 respectively. The winners from the nine groups will then vie for the title of Sr. Mr India.
Premchand Degra, Padmashree, Arjuna Awardee, Mr. Universe and eight times Mr. Asia, is the Hon. General Secretary of the Indian Body Builders Federation and will grace the occasion and so will Bhupinder Dhawan, Dhronacharya Awardee, the Vice-President of the Federation, along with other stalwarts of the body building field like Madhukar Talwalkar, president of the federation and Pappi Patil.
The arrival and weighing-in of the body builders will take place at the Andheri Sports Complex on April 23, followed by the pre-judging at the same venue on April 24. The Finals will be held outdoors under lights at the Goregaon Sports Club on Saturday, April 25.
Maharashtra's challenge will be led by Amit Roy and Dinesh Kambli, Jr. Mr, India, besides Jayendra Mayekar and Sunil Bhoir. The other big names expected are Mukesh Singh, Surinder Singh, Virender Malhan, Jitender Yadav and Surinder Yadav (all Delhi), Honey Kumar, Amit Mehta, Mandeep Singh and Ramesh (all Punjab), Gautam Kalita, Aftab Chisti and Kashyap (Assam) and Wahid Ali and Sachin Rohit, (UP), to name a few.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2