Big names skip pro-CM ‘intellectuals’ Haldia visit
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
The much hyped fact-finding visit of pro-Mamata "intellectuals" to Haldia turned out to be a flop with several big names giving it a miss. Prominent faces like Suvaprasanna, Samir Aich, Arpita Ghosh, Bibhas Chakraborty, Joy Goswami, Shaonli Mitra were nowhere to be seen. Instead, some obscure names like poet Prasun Bhowmick, advocate Joydeep Mukherjee, academician Amiya Chowdhury, writer Pachu Roy and others visited Haldia.
Curiously, a senior doctor of Calcutta Medical College and Hospital, Dr Prabir Banerjee, took a casual leave to be part of the team.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it