Big names skip pro-CM ‘intellectuals’ Haldia visit
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
The much hyped fact-finding visit of pro-Mamata "intellectuals" to Haldia turned out to be a flop with several big names giving it a miss. Prominent faces like Suvaprasanna, Samir Aich, Arpita Ghosh, Bibhas Chakraborty, Joy Goswami, Shaonli Mitra were nowhere to be seen. Instead, some obscure names like poet Prasun Bhowmick, advocate Joydeep Mukherjee, academician Amiya Chowdhury, writer Pachu Roy and others visited Haldia.
Curiously, a senior doctor of Calcutta Medical College and Hospital, Dr Prabir Banerjee, took a casual leave to be part of the team.