Bigg Boss 6: Urvashi Dholakia emerges winner
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
TV actress Urvashi Dholakia has won the sixth season of reality show Bigg Boss defeating her nearest rival Iman Siddique.
With Urvashi's win, this is the third time in a row that a TV 'bahu' has won the reality show.
Dubbed as vamp of the small screen, Urvashi won the show by a narrow margin.
Previously, TV actresses Shweta Tiwari and Juhi Parmar had won season 4 and 5 of Bigg Boss, respectively.
Urvashi could not control her emotions when she was declared as the winner while Imam looked composed and forthcoming.
Urvashi has won Rs 50 lakh and a trophy as the prize, while Colors channel gave Rs 10 lakh to Imam for being a 'wholehearted entertainer'. He had been given Rs 5 lakh by the channed during the show earlier.
Urvashi had been in Bigg Boss house from day one - starting October 1, whereas Imam was first placed in 'Padosi House' before being shifted to Bigg Boss house.
During the show, Urvashi stayed to herself - being straight forward while Imam was an entertainer.
The show, aired on Colors channel, began with 14 contestants and the number increased to 19 gradually.
Urvashi surprised at winning Bigg Boss, says Imam deserved it
For popular television actress Urvashi Dholakia who won the sixth season of reality show
'Bigg Boss' tonight, co-contestant Imam Siddique is the winner.
"I felt Imam would win the show considering the tagline of the show is 'alag che'. I did not think I would win. I thought I had no chance of winning," Urvashi told PTI in an interview.
"I was also shocked when Delnaaz was out. I felt she was a strong contender and that she could win," she added.
Even though Imam was known to be picking up fights with everyone, "Imam is a winner as a wild card entry to reach till the finale ...it is a big thing. He is a perfect entertainer for the audience," she said.
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’
- A nun-lawyer’s habit starts court dress code debate in Delhi
- They have not voted for 10 years
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- State registers 61 pc voter turnout in phase II
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan