Bihar court issues warrant against Raj Thackray
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
A local court issued body warrant on Tuesday against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena(MNS) chief Raj Thackeray to be present before it before November 12 in connection with a complaint case against him for allegedly calling people from Bihar rapists.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) S P Singh issued the warrant against Thackeray and directed Mumbai Police Commissioner to produce MNS chief in the court before November 12.
The order came in connection with a case filed by an advocate Sudhir Ojha on January 8 this year against the MNS leader for allegedly calling people from Bihar rapists in the wake of the arrest of a person from the state in the Delhi bus gangrape and arrest of another youth for the rape of a minor girl in east Delhi.
The same court had on June 28 this year directed Thackeray to present himself before it. But it was not complied with leading to the issue of the production warrant against him.