Bihar good case of govt intervention, says Stiglitz
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Nobel laureate Joseph E Stiglitz has called Bihar a "good case of government intervention". "Bihar has presented a good case where government has made intervention," the noted economist, who is visiting the state, said at a function Monday. He particularly praised the Nitish Kumar government's work in rural development and economic self-reliance.
Stiglitz seemed to be against FDI in retail. "India... is exporting capital. It has a large number of entrepreneurs. I wonder what India will gain from FDI."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18