Bihar good case of govt intervention, says Stiglitz
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Nobel laureate Joseph E Stiglitz has called Bihar a "good case of government intervention". "Bihar has presented a good case where government has made intervention," the noted economist, who is visiting the state, said at a function Monday. He particularly praised the Nitish Kumar government's work in rural development and economic self-reliance.
Stiglitz seemed to be against FDI in retail. "India... is exporting capital. It has a large number of entrepreneurs. I wonder what India will gain from FDI."
- Nilekani gets Cong nod for B’lore South
- Independents, smaller parties throng Ralegan Siddhi for Hazare’s support
- 12 MPs retained as BJP announces first state list
- Modi’s Chai pe Charcha part II a women’s day out
- Thank God I am not killed in encounter, says Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha poll fever rules Women’s Day celebrations