Bihar 'Love Guru' professor to open 'Love School'
- AAP hands over Rs 10 lakh to family of Gajendra Singh, family demands memorial, jobs
- UP tells SC that prosecution on boy for post against Azam Khan will continue
- Uttarakhand CM says Rahul Kedarnath trek shows the way for Char Dham pilgrims
- At protest on net neutrality, Congress asks Centre to stop TRAI move
- Latest drone deaths a reminder of risk of 'deadly mistakes'
A university professor from Patna, affectionately called 'Love Guru' by youngsters, is setting up a school at his native village Jayrampur in Bihar's Bhagalpur district to teach students lessons in love.
"Immortal love drives us towards creation... Love means sacrifice; there is no place for selfishness in it," Patna University professor of Hindi, Matuk Nath Chaudhary said.
According to Chaudhary, love has two faces — the first one is destructive while the other one is creative.
"Sadly, today's youth class is caught up with the second form of love. We will teach them how to set examples for the society by displaying supreme sacrifice," he said.
Chaudhary was sacked from service in 2009 after his extramarital affair with his student Julie — less than half his age — became public but his job was restored after he, along with Julie and sympathisers, staged a sit-in in Patna seeking reinstatement of his job, a report said.
"School education is teaching students only about the outside world; it is not teaching them about inner knowledge. There must a balance between the two," he added.