Bihar 'Love Guru' professor to open 'Love School'
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
A university professor from Patna, affectionately called 'Love Guru' by youngsters, is setting up a school at his native village Jayrampur in Bihar's Bhagalpur district to teach students lessons in love.
"Immortal love drives us towards creation... Love means sacrifice; there is no place for selfishness in it," Patna University professor of Hindi, Matuk Nath Chaudhary said.
According to Chaudhary, love has two faces — the first one is destructive while the other one is creative.
"Sadly, today's youth class is caught up with the second form of love. We will teach them how to set examples for the society by displaying supreme sacrifice," he said.
Chaudhary was sacked from service in 2009 after his extramarital affair with his student Julie — less than half his age — became public but his job was restored after he, along with Julie and sympathisers, staged a sit-in in Patna seeking reinstatement of his job, a report said.
"School education is teaching students only about the outside world; it is not teaching them about inner knowledge. There must a balance between the two," he added.